A 'sudden' reaction of your skin in a specific place can be a contact allergy. A certain type of clothing, rubber gloves or, for example, jewelry can cause this.
The allergic reaction (contact allergy) depends on your skin, the type of material you come into contact with and how long you are in contact with the material.
You can treat contact allergies with hypoallergenic products (such as AT14). This calms the skin and prevents further allergic reaction from your skin.
Not sure if you suffer from a contact allergy? Please contact your GP or dermatologist.